Thursday 7 November 2013

Flip Book



This is a short animation I created by drawing a picture on a piece of paper, each time changing the movement of the character slightly to be a bit different to the previous one. After I finished drawing, I took pictures of each of the pieces of paper, put them together to create a gif to show the animation.

The animation shows a ball bouncing then a person walking to the middle of the page where he gets hit by the ball. The animation relies on persistence of vision to give the illusion of movement.

I could have improved my flip book by thinking of something more creative to draw for the animation. Also, I could have slowed the duration of each frame down to be 0.17 instead of 0.15 as I feel this is a bit too fast. I think this animation is effective in showing what a flip book does and how persistence of vision acts in stop motion animation.



No comments:

Post a Comment